Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Future Looks Great

So far the AMIA conference has been fun and a little overwhelming and pretty informative. The Reel Thing was pretty interesting though also really technical. The speakers referred constantly to the JTS symposium that happened a few months ago and it seemed as if there were a lot of vendors present. The highlight for me was Ross Lipman's presentation and the presentation on the King and I. I will write more about that in a later post.

Also, today is the 2nd day and after attending the NACC (National Audio Visual Conservation Center) panel, I can honestly say that it looks like the job market will be pretty good for the future. The archives they are building for the Library of Congress and also UCLA are pretty amazing. I will have to see if I can get access to the power point presentations that Gregory Lukow and company used.

Also, if anyone is interested in looking at the Reel Thing schedule/catalog I will place a copy in the AMIA mail folder in the GSEIS commons sometime next week.

No comments: